Well, I said I'd do one of these, so here it is. Luckily it didn't take too long to put together.
This breaks down this drawing
into 7 steps:
1) Pencil line art, scanned into the computer (obviously).
2) Digital line art. Using the path tool, one of a mouse user's greatest friends. XD
3) Basic gradient shading. There's one for the sky, one for the dragoness, and one for the rocks.
4) Rocks! In all their lopsided glory. O.O I'm not sure what possessed me to attempt rocks this way, but it sure was handy when using a mouse to just use the lasso tool and fill a selection with a solid color.
5) Clouds! I based my clouds off of this tutorial
, at the suggestion of ~Orm-Irian
6) A bunch of very simple cel-shading done on the dragoness. Again, I used the path tool. The whole reason I did this picture in a cel-shade style is because I could use that tool instead of relying on the steadiness of my mouse hand.
7) Completed picture! I used a bunch of filtering layers to color everything. One layer went over the sky gradient, one over the clouds, one over the rocks, and a big mess of stuff over the dragoness... I also added the highlights to her on this stage.
Well, there you have it... XD Be sure to at least fullview, because you won't get anything out of this at the small view. O.O If you want to see it in all of it's 4235x2754 glory, check out the download. Also, the finished picture in this one is larger than the actual finished picture I submitted, so now you all can admire it and all of its lack-of-details. >_>
Comments are always welcome, though I can't promise a reply. I'll be gone. XD [link]